Department of Treasury and Economic Affairs
4101 Reservoir Road, NW
Washington, D.C. – 20007
Head of Department
✉ Renaud LASSUS
Deputy Head of Department
✉ Thibault GUYON
✉ Olivier JONGLEZ
✉ Bernhard HECHENBERGER
✉ Yves-Laurent MAHE
Ecology, Sustainable Development, Energy and Transportation Counselor
✉ Bruno FULDA
✉ Sylvain MAESTRACCI
The French Treasury Department of the French Embassy in the U.S. is part of the international network of the Directorate General of the Treasury (Ministry of the Economy and Finance). The Department also hosts representatives from the Ministry of the Environment, Energy and Marine Affairs, from the Ministry of Housing and Sustainable Homes and the Ministry of Agriculture, Agrifood and Forestry. The Department has offices in Washington, New York, San Francisco and Houston.
The French Treasury Department’s mission is to inform the French government and administration about American economic policies:
- The economic situation and macroeconomic policies in the USA (monetary policy, fiscal policy)
- The structural policy, the finance system and its evolution
- American positions on economic and financial multilateral issues
- Trade agreements and sanctions
- International U.S. trade, bilateral agreements with France, foreign direct investment and the business situation
- Legal issues, intellectual property
- Innovation policies
- Industry, energy, environment, transportation, infrastructure and technology policies
- Credit-insurance policy, and Coface procedures
- Agricultural policies, food and health policies between NAFTA members and France
It acts as a liaison officer between American authorities and their French counterparts on economic and financial matters.
It helps in planning and scheduling visits of French senior officials, Ministers, Members of Parliament, administration staff.
It animates a network of the French Trade Advisors, facilitates partnerships and can give support, on a one-off basis, to French companies in their dealings with the federal government.
The French Treasury Department works closely with the other departments at the Embassy of France and with agencies in charge of companies’ international development or the promotion of foreign investment in France.