President Hollande’s State Visit to the United States
From February 10 thru February 12, follow President’ Hollande State Visit step by step using #PRUSA.
Click here to consult the program of the State visit
Read all President Hollande’ speeches and press conferences (in French only)
Wednesday, February 12, 2014
- President Hollande is welcomed at San Fransico City Hall
- President Hollande had lunch with American CEOs in San Francisco
Tuesday, February 11, 2014
- Welcome ceremony at the White House
- F.Hollande and B. Obama discuss in the Oval Office
- President Hollande presents the French medal of the highest honor to the Unknown Soldier
- President Hollande honoring six WWII veterans before awarding them the Legion of Honor
- President Hollande awards medal of the Legion of Honor to six WWII veterans
- The State Diner
- The State diner
Monday, February 10, 2014
- F. Hollande and B. Obama on board Air Force One
- President Hollande’s visit to Washington, D.C. begins with a trip with President Obama to Monticello, home of founding father, President, and Ambassador to France, Thomas Jefferson.
Preparing the State Visit
French President François Hollande will be in Washington on February 10-12 for a State visit. The last State visit by a French President was in 1996, when President Jacques Chirac visited President Bill Clinton.
President Hollande’s visit to Washington, D.C. will begin on February 10 with a trip with President Obama to Monticello, home of founding father, President, and Ambassador to France, Thomas Jefferson. He will also be in San Francisco on Wednesday, February 12.