2016 income tax campaign (income from 2015)
The filing deadline for the 2016 income tax returns (income from 2015) for residents of North America is May 18th 2016 (paper filing) or June 7th 2015 (online filing).
Please note that if your "revenu fiscal de référence" (reference taxable income) is higher than 40,000 € for 2015, then you have to file your French tax return online.
1. Income tax forms
Income tax form 2042 for 2016 (income from 2015) with instruction :
Real estate income form 2044 for 2016 (income from 2015) and instructions :
Withholding tax calculation sheet + information on French taxation for non-residents :
How to fill in tax form 2042:
All forms can be found here.
2. Press release on the 2016 income tax return (in French)
3. E-filing website (in French)
The French tax administration created a website on the e-filing of your French income tax return. This mini-website will provide you with information on your online tax return (when to file, how to access your online account etc.)
This website is available here
4. Videos created by the French tax administration
- General information on the income tax filing campaign for 2016:
- If you are looking for a specific line on your French tax return:
- If you have French rental income: