Applying for a COVID certificate if you were vaccinated abroad
This system is open to non-European foreign nationals, tourists and students enrolled in French higher education establishments who are already in France, arriving for the start of the academic year, or before 5 September for non-student foreign nationals. Requests concerning subsequent arrivals at will be processed at a later date.
N.B.: a temporary QR code can also be generated by a healthcare professional following a negative RT-PCR or antigen test.
Who can apply for a COVID certificate?
If you have been vaccinated in one of the following countries – European Union Member States, Albania, Andorra, Faroe Islands, the Holy See, Iceland, Israel, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Morocco, North Macedonia, Norway, Panama, San Marino, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom – your country issues a certificate which is accepted in France. In that case, you do not need to convert your COVID certificate.
You can apply for a COVID vaccine certificate of equivalence if you meet the following conditions:
- If you have not been vaccinated in a Member State of the European Union, Albania, Andorra, Faroe Islands, the Holy See, Iceland, Israel, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Morocco, North Macedonia, Norway, Panama, San Marino, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, as these countries issue digital COVID certificates that are accepted by France;
- If you are aged 12 and 2 months or over as at 1 october 2021. Below this age, you are not subject to COVID certificate requirements;
- You have been vaccinated with a vaccine which is accepted by the European Medicines Agency or an equivalent for over
- 4 weeks if you received a one-dose injection (Johnson&Johnson);
- 7 days after the second injection for two-dose vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca);
- 7 days after the injection if you have recovered from COVID-19 (in this case, only one dose is necessary);
- 7 days after a booster ARNm dose (Moderna or Pfizer) after two shots of a vaccine on the WHO’s health emergencies list (Sinovac/Coronavac or Sinopharm/BBIB-PVeroCells)
- You are already in France or you intend going there within the coming days.
How can I apply?
Since 27 August 2021, COVID certificate applications have been carried out online directly.
As soon as your application has been processed, you will receive an email with a QR code. It can be printed and presented on paper, or added to the TousAntiCovid smartphone application to prove your vaccination status.
More information on the website of the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs.