Skip to main content

FAQ - Canada - Students and Trainees

Published on October 21, 2014

Students and trainees

1 – I am a French student coming over to Canada to study or to train. Where will I be taxed?

Article 20 of the tax treaty states that a person who was French resident just prior to arriving in Canada solely for studies, for training or apprenticeship is not taxable in Canada on payments received for maintenance, education and training as long as those payment are not of Canadian origin.

Return home

Return to FAQ

      top of the page