Skip to main content

Non-Objection Letter for J1 Visa

Published on October 26, 2017

The J-1 visas are provided by American authorities for exchange visitors in cultural and scientific fields. Some of them are subject to a two-year home-country physical presence requirement which requires them to return to their home country for at least two years at the end of their exchange program. The non-objection letter are provided by embassies which declares to renounce to the benefits of this two-year requirement rule for one of its nationals. The interested party can then request another visa.


The requestor must first peruse the Department of State website ( to start the visa request and where he will obtain a waiver case number which is essential to obtain a non-objection letter.

Thereafter, the requestor can submit a non-objection letter request with all the required documentation (see the list in .pdf format below) to this e-mail address:

Non objection letter - required documents