15th Annual Viennese Ball
WHAT: 15th Annual Viennese Ball
WHEN: Friday April 13, 2018, – 7pm-11:30pm
WHERE: La Maison Française – 4101 Reservoir Rd, NW - Washington, D.C. 20007
8:30PM General Admission Ticket : $85.00
7PM Gala Benefactor Tickets With Dinner : $165.00
7PM Gala Sponsor With Reserved Table : $1,250.00
RESERVATION: Online registration required on Eventbrite.
ADD. INFOS: All attendees must be 21 and over. Strictly no exceptions. IDs will be checked and validated by Embassy security. Street parking.
You are cordially invited to a magical Viennese Ball at the French Embassy — one of the grandest diplomatic venues in Washington DC for an unforgettable Viennese celebration of music, food, wine and dancing or a large wooden dance floor.
Enjoy a night of dancing to our classical orchestra or watch the twirling silhouettes on the dance floor move to the sounds of the world’s most beloved waltzes, and other dance music from around the world. The Salon Orchestra of Washington will perform the Strauss waltzes, ballroom music from around the world and the famous Radetsky Grand March, led by the popular Tanzmeister-couple Herbert and Carol Traxler. They will also invite you to join them in Strauss Fledermaus Quadrille #6, which is danced at all the major balls in Vienna.
Experience the elegant atmosphere of a European Ball, as well as meet international professionals and members of the diplomatic community. You do not need a date to attend. You are welcome to attend without a date, as we expect as many singles as couples.
+ Attend on your own or with friends. You do not need a date to attend.
+ Dance on a large wooden dance floor.
+ Classical orchestra performing Viennese Waltzes and other dance music.
+ Exquisite selection of Viennese & French desserts.
+ Delectable Austrian dinner.
+ Viennese Waltz lessons presented at the French Embassy the day prior to the ball (See details).
+ Experience and take part in the Grand March and Quadrille as at a traditional Viennese Ball.
+ Meet, network, and socialize ICDC members in an exquisite setting.
Enjoy a Dinner Buffet of Austrian and European Delicacies for Benefactor Ticketholders
(Menu subject to change. The dinner buffet is presented from 7:00 PM to 7:50 PM).
- Esterhazy Brisket of beef with mushroom and Pearl Onion
- Bratwurst, Weisswurst, Debreziner Sausages served Viennese Style
- Austrian style egg salad with asparagus
- Palatschinke: Crape Suzettes Stuffed with Cheese and Cream
- Spaetzle with peas and parsley along with Austrian egg noodles
- Traditional Austrian side dish: Red cabbage with green apple
- Assorted Bread
Indulge in Delectable Austrian & European Desserts:
(Selections may change, Presented from 8:30 PM to 10:00 PM)
- Viennese Sacher Torte
- Decadent Chocolate Cake Layered with Chocolate Cream & Raspberry Jam
- Delightful Almond Opera Torte with Coffee & Chocolate Cream
- Mini Chocolate & Coffee Eclairs
- Petite Fruit Mousse: Mango, Cassis, Passion fruit
- Swan Shaped Cream Puffs with Whipped Cream
- Fruit & Strawberry Tarts
- Pistachio Almond Cookie with Pistachio Cream
- Lemon Meringue Tart
- Heavenly Chocolate mousse delights
- Apple Strudel
White Tie or Black Tie Optional (dark suits are also fine!). Vintage formal attire from the renaissance era or the 1900s welcome! The event will go ahead rain shine or snow.