The Two Faces of Lafayette
WHAT: The two faces of Lafayette
WHEN: Sunday, April 7, 2019 – 4pm - 6:30pm
WHERE: La Maison Française – 4101 Reservoir Rd, NW - Washington, D.C. - 20007
ADD. INFOS: Valid ID required, no parking inside the embassy. No large bags, helmets and suitcase.
This conference will mostly be carried out in French.
“Freedom summons him to Washington, anarchy summons him to Paris”
François-René de Chateaubriand
– How can we explain Lafayette’s triumphant tour of the US, 43 years after Yorktown?
– Is it generosity? Courage? Self-questioning?
– Is it the values of Freemasonry?
Take a look at the Man and the Story and see them in a way you have seen them before.
Organized by the Philosophical Club Lafayette 89 (member of the Tricolore Committee in Washington)
with the participation of :
- Julien Icher, Lafayette Trail. Geography Master’s degree, ENS de Lyon (in French)
- Chuck Schwam, American Friends of Lafayette. Editor, Event Planner (in English)
- Bruno Vaes, Président of the Philosophical Club Lafayette 89. (in French)
The conference will be followed by networking.
Free admission. Limited seating, register now!
Send this invitation to your friends and acquaintances as well!
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
For security reasons, please bring a photo ID to the event and register every attendee individually under their own name.
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
The D6 bus stops in front of the Embassy of France. Plenty of parking spots are available on Reservoir Road.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Most of all, please bring a photo ID for each attendee.