La Grande Fête de la Francophonie
WHAT: La Grande Fête de la Francophonie
WHEN: Friday, March 29, 2019 – 7pm-11pm
WHERE: La Maison Française – 4101 Reservoir Rd, NW - Washington, D.C. - 20007
RESERVATION: Online registration required. EvenBrite
ADD. INFOS: Every attendee must be registered under his/her name. Valid ID required. No parking inside the embassy.
La Grande Fête, a closing celebration of the 2019 DC Francophonie Cultural Festival, is presented in collaboration with Francophonie DC, La Maison Française and SMITHSONIAN at 8.
Get ready for a spectacular party with a French accent. The annual Francophonie Cultural Festival spotlights the music, art, literature, film, cuisine, and customs of French-speaking countries and regions from across the globe. Its closing celebration, La Grande Fête, is always magnifique, and this year’s bash is no exception.
Beginning at 7 p.m., launch into a world tour of francophone cultures. Sample food and drink from more than 30 embassies as you explore each nation’s unique attractions and traditions.
Guinean, singer, songwriter Natu Camara performs live with an energy that keeps you on your feet. Natu’s dynamic and mesmerizing voice is a fusion of soul, Afro-Rock, folk and pop. Combined with unique and joyful stage presence, she is sure to make for a memorable addition to this year’s Grande Fete. Les the DJ will spin music from Africa, the Caribbean, Europe, and plenty of destinations in between. Throughout the evening.
Don’t miss this chance to experience the best of the French-speaking world – all without leaving home.
For security purposes, all guests names must be provided at the time of registration. When placing your order, please enter the name of each guest as it appears on their ID. Each guest must show their ID upon arrival at this event. If you wish to give your ticket away to someone else, don’t worry—you can access your registration information and update the ticket holder’s name and email address at any time.
- Tickets must be purchased in advance (no sales at the door).
- Tickets include admission and food and drink samples from 7 to 9 p.m.; a cash/credit bar will be open throughout the night.
- IDs are checked at the door. Those under 21 will not be served alcohol.
- No backpacks or bike helmets are allowed.
- La Maison Française does not offer on-site parking. Limited street parking is available on Reservoir Road.
- If you are looking for public transit options, the Metrobus D5 and D6 routes have stops near the event’s location.