La Grande Fête de la Francophonie
SOCIAL EVENT - CANCELLED
WHAT: La Grande Fête de la Francophonie
WHEN: Friday, March 27, 2020 – 7pm -11pm
WHERE: La Maison Française – 4101 Reservoir Rd, NW - Washington, D.C. - 20007
PRICE: General Admission - $40 + fees ($3) – registration required
RESERVATION: Smithsonian Associates.
ADD. INFOS: Every attendee must be registered under his/her name. Valid ID required. No parking inside the embassy.
Get ready for a spectacular party with a French accent. The annual Francophonie Cultural Festival spotlights the music, art, literature, film, cuisine, and customs of French-speaking countries and regions from across the globe. Its closing celebration, La Grande Fête, is always magnifique, and this year’s bash is no exception.
Beginning at 7 p.m., launch into a world tour of francophone cultures. Sample food and drink from more than 30 embassies as you explore each nation’s unique attractions and traditions.
This year’s entertainment features YAO, a Franco-Ontarian artist of Togolese descent, born in Ivory Coast. He and his band offer a soft blend of spoken word, soul, pop, and funk that brings a new flavor to French urban music.
Also, a featured DJ will spin music from Africa, the Caribbean, Europe, and plenty of destinations in between. Don’t miss this chance to experience the best of the French-speaking world — all without leaving home.
Dress: Fun and festive
IMPORTANT: For Embassy security purposes, all guests’ names must be provided at the time of registration. IDs will be checked at the door. The name on your order confirmation should match the name on your ID. If you are ordering tickets for multiple individuals, please list all participant names accurately. No guests will be allowed entry if their names have not been submitted in advance or do not match at check-in. Any changes to your name or those in your party will require calling our Customer Service department at 202-633-3030 (M-F, 9-5) to make changes ahead of the event by 11 a.m. on Friday, March 27.
- Tickets must be purchased in advance (no sales at the door).
- Tickets include admission and food and drink samples from 7 to 9 p.m.; a cash/credit bar will be open throughout the night.
- IDs are checked at the door. Those under 21 will not be served alcohol.
- No backpacks or bike helmets are allowed.
- La Maison Française does not offer on-site parking. Limited street parking is available on Reservoir Road.
- If you are looking for public transit options, the Metrobus D5 and D6 routes have stops near the event’s location.
- For more information about this year’s Francophonie Cultural Festival, visit francophonie-dc.org.